Thursday, June 5, 2008

P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love You
10 out of 10

My friend Ashlee has been begging me to watch this movie since it came out on DVD. I finally got the chance to. It was really good. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It was a wonderful experience. This a great movie, but totally a chick flick. I especially loved the music, but that;s just me. The story is really good.

It is a story about Holly Kennedy. Her husband, a cute Irish singer, dies of cancer and leaves Holly a devastated young widow, who is lost in her own world of grief and sorrow. She wants to stay in her apartment forever, even when her friends try to help her. Then, on her birthday, Holly receives a recorded message from the one person she least expects: her deceased husband. He tells her to follow the instructions that he leaves for her. These instructions are to help Holly move on in life and to stop grieving.

This is a really good movie. It reminded me alot of 13 Little Blue Envelopes, by Maureen Johnson. Here's the trailer for P.S. I Love You: