Friday, February 29, 2008

Jumper

Jumper
9.5 out of 10

I loved it! I loved it! It was a great movie. There was a lot of action. And even a little romance.

It's about a man named David who has a ability, to teleport, or "jump". As the years pass, David relizes there is an ongoing war between the "Jumpers" and those who believe all Jumpers must die with the reason of "God should be the only one who is everywhere at once."

And guess what? Jumper is also a book! Yeah. Written by Steven Gould. I havn't read it quite yet, but I have read about 9 pages and LOVE it! It's currently sitting at the top of my pile of books to read. I'll let you know how it turns out.

You know what I've noticed? All movies latly are either remakes, books that get turned into movies, or crappy because movie writters have nothing left to write about save those few exceptional movies such as Cloverfeld and Vantage Point. Oh. Here's the trailer:


___________________________________________________________________
*UPDATE! MAY 11, 2008*

Jumper
by Steven Gould
5 out of 10

So After I saw the movie, I went out and bought the book. It was horrible. At first, I thought it would be just like the movie, but it is nothing like the novie at all! The movie is so much better, and that is pretty rare. But, I'm sure if I was to read the book first, I would like it better and complain that they made the movie all wrong. But come on. This was pretty bad.

It is the story of David Rice, who figures out he can teliport. He has an abusive father and his mother left when he was 12. So woth his newly obtained power, he runs away to New York City and starts to search for his mother. When he finally finds her and they reunite, she must go on a business trip in Europe, where she is blown up by terorists. That's pretty much it. So for a whole 300 pages or so he is just talking about how depressed he is and how much he wants to kill the guy that blew up his mom.

*Sigh* So just save yourself the time and read something else.

No comments: